A non-profit that provides marginalized communities with locally owned renewable energy.
When communities generate their own power, they gain the power to shape their own future
How it works:
- You donate online.
- We spend 100% on financing renewable energy projects in marginalized communities.
- They can spend the money coming from the system to repay the cost and fund local projects.
- We get back our investment over time and re-spend it on more projects. That way your donation makes a lasting impact!
We've partnered with The Red Cloud Renewable energy center to build a 15 kW solar install at Anpo Wicahpi, the Pine Ridge Girls School.
- The Pine Ridge Reservation is one of the poorest communities in the western hemisphere - and it's smack dab in the middle of the US.
- Energy from our solar install will offset electrical bills, so that Anpo Wicahpi can focus the important stuff - educating a new generation of young, female Lakota leaders.
- Over their lifetime, these panels will produce close to 1,000 MegaWatt hours, or over $100,000 in savings for the school.
- Learn more about Pine Ridge, The Girl's School, and our Project there!